Planning a trip to San Diego in February? You’re in luck! February is one of the best months to visit San Diego, with mild weather and plenty of sunshine. Here’s what you can expect from the weather in San Diego in February:
The average temperature in San Diego in February is 67 degrees Fahrenheit (19 degrees Celsius). The highs will typically be in the low to mid 70s (22-23 degrees Celsius), while the lows will be in the mid to upper 50s (13-14 degrees Celsius). There is a slight chance of rain in February, but it is usually very light and short-lived.
San Diego gets an average of 22 days of sunshine in February. That’s about 70% of the possible days of sunshine. So you can expect plenty of sunny days to enjoy your time in San Diego.
The wind in San Diego is usually light and variable in February. However, there can be occasional strong winds, especially during the Santa Ana wind season, which typically runs from December to February.
The average water temperature in San Diego in February is 57 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees Celsius). This is a bit too cold for most people to swim comfortably, but it is still a great time to enjoy the beach and other water activities.
What to Pack
When packing for a trip to San Diego in February, be sure to pack for both warm and cool weather. You’ll want to pack layers that you can easily add or remove as needed. Be sure to pack a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, as well as a swimsuit and beach towel.
Things to Do in San Diego in February
There are many things to do in San Diego in February. Here are a few ideas:
- Visit the San Diego Zoo
- Explore the world-famous beaches
- Take a hike in Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- Visit the USS Midway Museum
- Go surfing or kayaking
- Enjoy a day at the amusement park
- Take a boat tour of San Diego Harbor
- Visit the Gaslamp Quarter
- See a show at the Old Globe Theatre
- Enjoy a meal at one of San Diego’s many restaurants
San Diego is a great place to visit in February. The weather is mild and sunny, and there are many things to do. So start planning your trip today!
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when planning your trip to San Diego in February:
- Hotel rates are typically lower in February than they are in the peak summer months.
- Crowds are also smaller in February, so you’ll have more space to enjoy the attractions.
- Events There are many events happening in San Diego in February, including the San Diego International Auto Show, the San Diego Beer Festival, and the San Diego Chinese New Year Parade.
I hope this article has helped you plan your trip to San Diego in February!